These green beans make a great side dish with a little sweet, a little crunch, and a lot of yum. Here's a quick and easy way to fancy up green beans for a great dinner. Tested and developed in an UKWAZI Ambassador's kitchen in Austin, Texas.
- 1/2 cup UKWAZI roasted & unsalted macadamia nuts
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound green beans
- 2-1/2 tablespoons UKWAZI macadamia oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop nuts. If your nuts are not roasted, preheat oven to 250F. Place nuts in pan, single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, shaking once.
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan.
- Add washed and trimmed beans. Cook 3-4 minutes until tender but crisp. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water, then drain and pat dry.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat on medium. Add shallots and cook until lightly browned (3-4 minutes).
- Add beans and cook 3 minutes until heated, stirring to mix.
- Transfer the beans and shallots to heated serving dish and garnish with nuts and cranberries. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve while hot.
Serves: 5-6 persons
Preparation: 30 minutes
Start gathering your ingredients