A healthy crusted chicken that tastes delicious! This Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken is scrumptious . . . and tested and developed by an UKWAZI user in Austin, Texas.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6-8 oz each)
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup finely blended dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenee pepper
- Place chicken on cutting board and slice lengthwise into fillets. Lightly pound the fillets to an even 1/2 inch thick. Then cut into serving pieces.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the egg whites and cornstarch together until totally blended.
- In a large shallow dish mix all crusting ingredients together.
- Crust the chicken fillets by placing them into the dipping mixture, then into the crusting mixture: one side, then the other.
- Place on a wire rack and let rest for 20 minutes at room temperature to help 'set' the crusting mixture.
- Pour oil into a large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet and saute chicken over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes, carefully turning with a spatula as each fillet becomes golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the heated oven for about 7-8 minutes to finish cooking.
Preparation: 1 hour
Start gathering your ingredients